Rare Pepe Wallet is a tool created by developer Joe Looney that makes it possible to buy, sell, trade, edition, gift, and destroy digital artworks. At least one company, Spells of Genesis, explored the creation of digital trading cards tied to the blockchain before the invention of Rare Pepe Wallet. However, Joe and the Rare Pepe Wallet community are the first to explore a long and important list of innovations that will set the course for the blockchain art market for years to come. These include:
- First blockchain community where anyone can submit artwork to be bought, sold, traded, or destroyed on the blockchain;
- First to offer the above service while taking zero commission;
- First to create a gift card system that allows for gifting artwork to people who do not own any cryptocurrency (a major innovation for improving adoption);
- First to conceive of VIP content like songs and games tied to the token in addition to the artwork;
- First to move a digitally scare artwork to a physical piece of hardware (opendime). This proves to naysayers that digitally rare art can, in fact, exist in a physical form;
- First to create a digital artwork tied to the blockchain that changes its representation based on what machine it is displayed on.
Go to source article